Friday, December 01, 2006

IKEA Opening

I realise I'm always 1 day late, but nvm.


Went IKEA yesterday-the day of opening. My goodness, you should have seen how many people there were. We didn't expect to queue to enter, and when thats the case, we didn't expect the queue to be that long. We started queing in the carpark and along the store and finally we were in the store. It was fortunate that the checkout counters were ample enough to accommodate the customers, so the queue wasn't that long. But I hated the long walk from the bus stop to the store, esp when the weather was so hot like yest.


How shd I describe the store? Big, big and still big. Pardon my limited vocab, but its blatently big. The goods were stacked up high, and the place was as big as a warehouse. There were quite a lot of show rooms, its great to see how they have designed the limited space with their furniture. Liked their beds and sofas, so comfortable. And there were almost a Xmas tree every 20 steps, I think seige would love the place. Haha. And of cos, it wouldn't be called a grand opening, without balloons almost everywhere and kids getting lost and parents getting frantic and panicky. Haha.


One particular thing that bothered me was this irritating auntie. She did 4 wrongs. The 1st wrong was her dressing - try wearing long sleeve under such hot weather. Perhaps she was very cold. The 2nd wrong was cutting queue. All along she was far far behind us. All of a sudden, she was in front of us. ??? I stared at her, she mumbled sth and let us walked in front of her. She became right behind us. She should be FAR behind us, not JUST behind us. But never mind, just let it be. The 3rd wrong was asking me why didn't I jumped queue. Felt like asking her if she thot cutting queue was the right thing to do, but on 2nd thot, perhaps keeping my mouth shut would be a wiser move. The last wrong she did was stepping on my slippers. Irritating auntie.